SPOTLIGHT: What are the benefits of Nutraceuticals Details
Topics Table of Contents
Check back often for new current and useful information on these subjects:
Fiber, Vitamins and Other Kids’ Issues
Joint and Muscles Health
Help with Sleep
General supplements and nutraceuticals info
Help with Sleep
- How much melatonin should you take? DetailsThe hormone melatonin plays an important role in helping to regulate the sleep/wake cycle. If you’re producing inadequate melatonin levels at night, you could have trouble sleeping.
- Fight insomnia with these supplements DetailsMillions of people worldwide deal with insomnia or other forms of sleeplessness. Good news, there are natural supplements that can help without the side effects of medications
- When to take melatonin while traveling to avoid jet lag DetailsMelatonin is a naturally-occurring hormone that helps your body “know” when it’s time to sleep and wake up. Melatonin supplements are very helpful in reducing the effects of jet lag …
- Get your sleep back on track with natural melatonin supplements DetailsIf you’re having trouble getting a good night’s sleep, you’re not alone. About 50-70 million Americans are struggling with lack of sleep. Taking a melatonin supplement may be the answer …
- Can supplements really help with jet lag?
DetailsYes, it occurs in the part of the brain responsible for hunger, body temperature, sleep and circadian rhythms.
- Millions suffer from morning stiffness DetailsMorning stiffness is a common complaint for many of us. The flexibility and energy that we had in the morning as kids has given way to joint, muscle, and connective tissue pain, especially if you suffer from some type of inflammatory condition such as arthritis or fibromyalgia. Getting regular exercise is one way to combat morning stiffness as is trying to eat a healthier diet.
- Can you drink deionized water? DetailsHere is some science behind it, possible side effects and the benefits. Plus, why we use it in our supplements…
- How to proactively protect yourself against germs on planes DetailsStart preparation ahead of time. Whether a plane flight, venturing out, returning to work or school, boosting your immune system can make a big difference when travelling. We’re here to help.
- Will working from home weaken your immune system DetailsThere is no proof, in fact the opposite. However, stress can weaken one’s immune system and cause an inflammatory response in the body. Consider adding a powerful blend of antioxidants and natural enzymes to your routine.
- How to protect your body after having the Coronavirus DetailsAfter recovering from COVID-19 the list of possible lasting and long term effects is long. Research is ongoing, in the meantime we continue to improve our overall health, protecting ourselves from initial contraction or reinfection. …
- Is there any truth to the phrase “Healthy Body, Healthy Mind”? DetailsWorking to maintain your physical health can have a positive impact on your mental state. …
- Nutraceutical products can enhance a healthy lifestyle DetailsAfter reviewing current research on nutraceuticals, the National Institute of Health concluded that they may offer substantial physiological benefits.
- Easy ways to change your diet in 2020 DetailsWith the New Year right around the corner, it’s time to make your New Year’s resolutions. If yours is to lose some weight, there are some simple diet changes that can make that happen…
- Natural ways you can stay healthy this winter DetailsWinter brings with it shorter days and colder temperatures which makes it hard to stay motivated when it comes exercising and staying active. Winter is also the time for getting together with family and friends for holiday parties and celebrations which means lots of big meals and tempting desserts to sabotage your healthy eating habits.
- Natural ways to feel better DetailsOver the past few decades, poor eating habits have led to a population that is increasingly unhealthy and suffering from obesity and related diseases such as diabetes. Making a commitment to eating healthy can help you feel better, look better, and give your confidence a big boost.
- Immune system booster can help keep you healthy DetailsYour body’s immune system is actually a network consisting of cells, tissues, and organs that are your body’s defense mechanism. A healthy immune system can “recognize” foreign bodies such as germs, viruses, and bacteria, attack, and ultimately destroy them. But, sometimes factors, such as stress and a poor diet, can cause your immune system to weaken which can lead to illness or infections.
- Low carb whey protein, 8 essential amino acids DetailsWhen your body encounters a stressful situation, your adrenal glands go into action and respond by producing cortisol, the hormone associated with the fight or flight response. However, chronic stress can result in an overproduction of cortisol which can causes dangerous symptoms including an increased heart rate and insomnia. Whey protein works to lower your cortisol levels while protecting your body from the negative effects of stress.
- Getting enough fiber in your diet? DetailsStudies have shown that it’s very important for you to get the proper amount of fiber in your diet in order to maintain good digestive health. According to the Institute of Medicine, the recommended daily amount should be 25 grams for women and 38 grams for men. However, the average American only takes in about 15 grams of fiber on any given day.
- Top 3 benefits of silica supplements DetailsSilica is needed for the production of collagen, an important protein that is often referred to as the “glue” that holds us together because it’s found in skin, bones, teeth, hair, and nails …
- Do Micronutrients Have Superpowers? DetailsYes, they protect, prevent, aid, rejuvenate, strengthen and produce for our overall health…
Joint and Muscles Health
- Synovial joint fluid replacement supplements for pain relief DetailsRelieve your arthritis pain with all-natural ingredient supplements, increasing hydration in your joints. Supplements for arthritis can help reduce your reliance on NSAIDs.
- The right supplements to improve your flexibility DetailsA loss of flexibility in your joints and muscles is a part of the aging process, but the good news is that there are a variety of ways to fight back.
- Two exercises to improve flexibility DetailsStriking a balance between weight training and cardio is important in creating a well-rounded workout routine But, a lot of people forget about the importance of incorporating stretching into their workout…
- Can you gain flexibility after 40? DetailsMaintaining your flexibility is important at any age, but especially after 40 because it can make it possible for you to remain independent as long as possible …
- Supplements for arthritis pain DetailsArthritis can affect people of any age. The symptoms can hinder your daily routine. Steps that you can take to help decrease arthritic pain include increasing your activity level, managing your weight, and adding supplements for arthritis to your daily routine.
- Getting more flexible as you get older DetailsAs you age, your tendons become more rigid, and it’s harder for your muscles and joints to move, resulting in an increased loss in flexibility. The good news is that there are plenty of options for achieve better flexibility as you age.
- Aching joints? Need a solution? DetailsUnfortunately, a decrease in flexibility is a natural result of aging due to changes in tendons, ligaments, and muscles that surround your joints. The good news is that there are steps that you can take to help you feel better and keep you active as you age.
- Foods that make you flexible DetailsThe mineral silica plays a very important role in maintaining flexibility in your muscles and joints as well as supporting and maintaining the health of your skin. Silica is not naturally produced by your body so you need to get it through your diet or supplements.
- Stimulating lean muscle growth naturally DetailsGetting the proper amount of exercise, especially resistance training, and eating a healthy diet that includes an ample amount of protein are great ways to naturally stimulate lean muscle growth. Adding a high-quality, natural supplement for lean muscle growth can provide you with the extra boost you need to help build and maintain muscle growth while reducing fat for an improved BMI.
- Healthy Anti-Inflammatory dietary supplements for pain relief DetailsChronic pain can have serious and long-lasting effects on the quality of your life. It can make it very difficult for you manage on a day to day basis. Chronic pain can result from arthritis or related conditions, diseases such as cancer, or from traumatic injuries. In addition to eating a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, adding a healthy, anti-inflammatory supplement can be good option for pain relief.
- Your joints deserve the best supplements DetailsJoints and muscles make up your body’s musculoskeletal system, the job of which is to provide stability, mobility, and form. Unfortunately, as you age, the daily wear and tear on your joints and muscles can cause problems. The result is inflammation and pain, restricting your activities.
- Maintain more muscle mass as you age DetailsMost adults will achieve their peak muscle mass in their 30’s. After that, muscle mass will begin to steadily decline by as much as 3-5% each decade. But the good news is that, while maintaining your muscle mass or even adding to it takes commitment and effort, you can do it. By increasing your activity level, adding resistance training to your workout, and eating a clean diet, you can make a significant impact on your muscle mass.
- Animal byproducts in products you wouldn’t expect DetailsWhatever your reason is for going vegan, you need to read food labels to check for unwanted animal byproducts…
- Going meatless? Don’t forget these things DetailsIf you’re thinking about switching to a vegetarian or vegan diet, do your homework to learn about the best ways to replace any nutrients you’re getting now from meat and diary…
- Animal products in food you would least expect DetailsIf you’re a vegan or vegetarian, there are a lot of foods that you know to avoid. However, you’d be surprised to find out that there are a lot of foods the you feel are safe to eat but that contain hidden animal products.
- Gummy vitamins for vegans DetailsPeople who eat a vegan diet may find themselves deficient in nutrients that are essential to supporting and maintaining their overall health. Vitamins B12 and D3 are found to be lacking in many vegans. Supplementation is a good way to increase your intake of these vitamins, but it can become frustrating, trying to find a product that is sourced from plants.
- Easy calcium consumption for vegan DetailsIf you’ve decided to switch to a vegan diet, one concern you may have is how you’re going to get the RDA of calcium if you’re no longer consuming dairy products. The good news is that there are many other foods that are good sources of calcium and that you can incorporate into a vegan diet. Remember that getting the RDA of vitamin D3 is very important as well because it helps with calcium absorption in your body.
- Vegan joint supplements for pain and stiffness DetailsWith age can come chronic pain and stiffness in your joints due to the natural wear and tear that occurs over time. But vitamin D deficiency has also been linked to muscle and bone pain. Research has shown that approximately 3/4 of the population suffer from a deficiency in this important vitamin.
- Leading the charge for Vegans DetailsThe UK Vegan Society was founded in November of 1944 by a group of non-dairy vegetarians whose goal was to promote a lifestyle that encourages the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the betterment of animals, humans, and the environment. It was the world’s first vegan society, and today, veganism is widely acknowledged as a valid, healthy diet that can support healthy living at every age.
- Vitamins with ingredients for Vegans DetailsWhile a vegan diet is low in saturated fats and is a very healthy way to eat, it is still lacking in a few key nutrients, specifically vitamin D3 and vitamin B12. Plant-based supplements can provide these essential vitamins and more.
- The hardest things about being a vegan are… DetailsTransitioning to veganism requires a big commitment. And, it’s not just about changes to your diet. A lot of other products are made with animal products or are tested on animals …
- Gelatin free vegan gummy supplements do exist DetailsMany people prefer to take gummy vitamins. But, if you’re a vegan, you have to make sure that you take the time to read the list of ingredients on the label. Some supplements labeled as ” vegan friendly” may contain gelatin, an animal by-product, used to make the vitamin easier to swallow.
- The best online store for vegan vitamins DetailsDiet and lifestyle changes have led to vitamin deficiencies in a percentage of the population as a whole. Practicing vegans, for example, often find themselves lacking in vitamin B12 which is derived from animal foods. Vitamins for vegans are a great way to prevent deficiencies and are made from natural, plant-based materials which are more easily absorbed by your body.
- Sea Vegetable Supplements DetailsSea vegetables, or seaweed, are considered to be superfoods because they contain all of the 56 elements that are essential for human health. Sea vegetables are also a source of lignans, antioxidants that help to neutralize the damage done by free radicals.
- Losing weight after 40 isn’t easy, but it is possible DetailsAfter you hit 40, your metabolism begins to change, making it much more difficult to lose weight than when you were younger. But, changes to your diet and lifestyle can help …
- Taking vitamins to lose weight DetailsIt can become very frustrating if you’ve tried dieting and exercise and are still not able to reach your weight loss goals. Taking vitamins to lose weight are not the magic bullets that advertisements would lead you to believe. However, vitamin B12 does play an important role in the overall health of your body and can help you become more active and burn more calories.
- Training for a college sports career? DetailsWhen you’re training for college sports, every advantage that you can gain over the competition is key to your success. Eating a healthy diet that contains the nutrients necessary to increase muscle growth and improve lean body mass is important if you want to stay on top of your gain. Adding a high-quality whey protein isolate supplement or energy booster to your daily routine can really help to enhance your performance on the field.
- Supplements designed by Special Ops Marines DetailsRuckPack Nutritional Supplement was the brain child of Special Ops leader, Major Rob Dyer. The goal was to develop a single source vitamin and energy shot for his troops that was capable of delivering maximum performance and was caffeine-free. Today, RuckPack is available for athletes and active individuals to boost energy and help with endurance.
- Who says athletes don’t have a sweet tooth DetailsTaking whey protein provides many benefits if you’re an athlete or lead an active lifestyle. Studies have shown that taking a whey supplement before or after a workout can improve muscle strength, stimulate the production of lean muscle mass, reduce muscle soreness and fatigue.
- High performance supplements for high performance people DetailsWe all set different fitness goals for ourselves, whether we’re a professional athlete or simply working out at the local gym. High-quality performance supplements can help you achieve your fitness or health goals by providing vitamins, minerals, and amino acids to give you that much-needed energy boost.
- Supplements that you can take to improve flexibility DetailsMaintaining flexibility is important when it comes to your overall health and wellness. Unfortunately, as you begin to age, your flexibility starts to decline. You need to commit to a regular exercise regimen that incorporates stretching exercises to help maintain the flexibility in your joints, muscles, and tissues.
- Looking for more energy throughout the day? DetailsIf you always seem to be complaining about a lack of energy during the day, you may find that making some lifestyle changes such as getting more sleep, eating a well-balanced diet, and establishing a exercise routine, may make a big difference. Sometimes it’s difficult to stick to all of those changes each and every day, so adding energy-boosting supplements to your daily routine could really help.
- Supplements for an energy boost DetailsIn today’s fast-paced world, keeping up with all of your obligations can be overwhelming at times and leave you worn out, with little energy to spare. Most people reach for yet another cup of coffee or some sort of energy drink which is really just more caffeine to get that burst of energy needed to get through the day. The good news is that Vibrant Nutraceuticals offers a healthier and more effective supplement that contains all natural ingredients without the caffeine.
- All natural energy shots DetailsNot all energy drinks are bad for you, they can taste great and work whether caffeinated or decaffeinated…
- Energize more than your body DetailsEnergy drinks have become a multi-billion dollar industry with worldwide popularity. Their popularity can be attributed to the positive effects they have on alertness, productivity, pre-workout energy and post-workout recovery times. Many people use them for a casual energy boost or as a brain enhancer. The problem is that the types of ingredients in these drinks vary greatly from one brand to another.
- Can Vitamin B12 really increase your energy? DetailsVitamin B12 is often referred to as “the energy vitamin” because it plays an important role in your body’s healthy metabolic functioning and in the distribution of energy in your body. It’s necessary for the production of DNA and red blood cells and to ensure proper functioning of your body’s neurological and immune systems. Unfortunately, B12 deficiency is frequently overlooked, but the good news is can be reversed if caught early and treated with a B12 supplement.
Fiber, Vitamins and Other Kids’ Issues
- Ensure that your teething toddler gets everything they need DetailsHere we list some soft foods that assure your fussy child gets all the nutrients they need. But is teething the only culprit causing the fussiness?
- Help your child with ADHD fall asleep naturally tonight DetailsAlthough limited research has been conducted on sleep issues in ADHD children, there is evidence that they are more likely to have trouble falling asleep.
- Does your child need a fiber supplement? DetailsDue to the prevalence of processed foods in the diets of today’s kids and adolescents, digestive problems in those two groups are on the rise. An easy remedy for this is an increase in daily fiber intake.
- Sneak more fiber into your toddler’s diet without them even knowing DetailsMany Americans aren’t getting enough fiber in their diets and this includes children. Kids are picky eaters which makes sneaking fiber into their diets that much harder…
- Can kids have too much fiber? DetailsJust like adults, kids need fiber in their diet to prevent constipation, maintain balance in the digestive tract, and for their overall well-being. But, too much fiber can have some negative consequences…
- Does your child really need supplements? DetailsThese days, many parents are giving supplements to their children to support and maintain good health. But, is this really necessary? Most pediatricians feel that providing your children with a well-balanced diet is the best way to keep them healthy, but that’s not the easiest thing to do with all of our hectic schedules. Supplements can help when diet isn’t enough.
- Signs that your child needs more fiber in their diet DetailsConstipation is a common problem for young children. It can be the result of any number of factors, but in many cases, a diet low in fiber is the culprit. Adding more high-fiber foods to your child’s diet is an easy remedy to the problem, but many kids are picky eaters and don’t like high fiber foods such as vegetables and whole grains. Adding a fiber supplement that is formulated for children to their daily routine is a great option.
- Supplements for your picky toddler DetailsA common concern among parents of toddlers is the limited variety of foods that they’re willing to eat. Many kids at this age have an underdeveloped palate and are unwilling to eat a lot of the foods that are high in nutritional value such as vegetables and fruits, whole grains, and proteins.
- Common health issues for toddlers DetailsBecause their immune systems are still not fully developed, toddlers are susceptible to catching a lot of “bugs”. Some ailments that are common issues for toddlers include colds, stomach bugs, and pink eye. Another issue that is common to toddlers is constipation which could be due to a lack of fiber in their diet.
- Starting your picky toddler on solid food can be tricky DetailsStarting a baby on solid food is a gradual process which usually begins between the ages of 4 and 6 months. Begin the transition to solid food by gradually introducing one new food at a time. While many toddlers will enjoy discovering the pleasures of eating all sorts of new foods, many may become picky about the kinds of foods that they’ll eat which is no fun for parents at mealtimes.
- Have a constipated picky toddler? DetailsIf you have a toddler that’s a picky eatery, you’re all to familiar with mealtime battles as you struggle to get your child to eat a well-rounded, healthy diet. Many toddlers who are picky eaters end up with chronic constipation. While the problem could arise for dietary habits, some toddlers shy away from foods that cause cramping and pain due to allergies to gluten or lactose, for example.
- Typical milestones for your 18 month old toddler DetailsGrowth and development occur at an astounding speed during the toddler stage of life. Every day brings new surprises as well as challenges when it comes to your toddler. Sometimes growth and development occurs in small increments and other times, in happens in one giant leap! Toddlers are developing their palates as well, and can become picky about eating foods that are good for them.
- Changes in the Baby to Toddler Transition Period DetailsWeaning your child off of formula or breast milk is an important step in his or her transition from baby to toddler. The problem is getting your toddler to try new foods. Toddlers are notoriously picky eaters, and this can lead to problems with constipation or diarrhea. Lack of adequate fiber in a toddler diet is often a big factor.
- What nobody tells you about toddlers DetailsToddlers tend to be picky eaters and can be extremely choosy about the foods they will eat. They shy away or avoid a lot of vegetables, fruits, and whole grains which contain fiber. This can lead to digestive problems such as constipation.
- Gluten free fiber supplements for kids DetailsMore and more kids today are experiencing gluten allergies and sensitivities, and the result is a reduced number of high fiber foods that are available to them. While vegetables and fruits are good sources of fibers, many kids are not fond of eating them. Lack of dietary fiber can result in digestive issues including constipation.
- Does your newborn baby need supplements? DetailsWhile fiber supplements are not generally recommended for newborns, as your child grows and begins to replace formula and/or breast milk with solid food, constipation can become a problem. Adding a liquid fiber supplement to his or her diet is a great way to ensure that your child is getting an adequate amount of fiber to help prevent digestive issues.
- Solutions for Chronic Diarrhea in Kids DetailsBouts of acute diarrhea are a common occurrence in kids, generally running their course in a day or two and requiring no medical treatment. However, chronic diarrhea can last for at least 4 weeks, with loose, watery stools being passed 3-4 times per day. While changes in diet are the most common cause, there could be other underlying issues.
- Natural diarrhea remedies for toddlers DetailsOnce a child transitions from formula or breastmilk to eating solid foods, it’s not uncommon for them to begin experiencing some digestive issues. The problem could be due to a lack of high fiber foods, such as whole grains and vegetables, in their daily diet. The result can be bouts of constipation and/or diarrhea.
- That’s right, it’s OK if your kid doesn’t eat broccoli DetailsIt’s not uncommon to hear complaints from parents about the fact that their kids won’t eat vegetables. Vegetables are some of the healthiest foods in a well-balanced diet, but some of the hardest foods to get children to like. So, for many parents who are worried about nutrients and vitamins, trying to get kids to eat a well-balanced diet which includes vegetables is a challenge.
- How to remedy chronic constipation in kids DetailsChronic constipation in kids is a common problem faced by many parents. Constipation in kids is usually the result of a low fiber diet, medication, or holding in stool. Increasing the amount of fiber in a child’s diet and establishing a regular bathroom routine are good remedies. But, it’s not always easy to get kids to eat the appropriate servings of high fiber foods such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.
- The secret to keeping kids healthy in school DetailsEvery fall when school’s back in session, you worry about how to keep you kids healthy in school. You can be proactive when it comes to strengthening their immune systems to fight off those school-borne bugs. One way is to supplement their diet with probiotics to help support and maintain a healthy digestive tract. Since a large percentage of your immune system resides there, it’s important to have a healthy gut.
- Battling back against your kid’s digestive issues DetailsStomach aches are one of the most common complaints of kids and are usually a temporary annoyance. But, if your child starts to experience more than the occasional upset stomach, this could be an indication that something is out of whack with his or her digestive system.
- Boost your kid’s health with supplements DetailsThe work of raising healthy kids starts before birth. Mothers take prenatal vitamins and focus on eating a healthy diet during their pregnancy. After a child is born, the process continues as parents make sure their children have access to good health care, eat a healthy, nutritious diet, and stay active. But, it’s not always an easy task to get kids to eat healthy, so adding a high-quality supplement to their daily routine can really be big help to ensure that your children are getting the best nutrition possible.
- Liquid fiber supplements that are safe for toddlers DetailsIf you’re the parent of a toddler, you know what a picky eater he or she can be. It’s hard not to worry that your toddler is getting the necessary amount of fiber in his or her diet to promote regularity and healthy digestion. All too often, toddlers suffer from constipation and other digestive issues due to a lack of fiber in their daily routine.
- Shop for the best kids vitamins online DetailsEstablishing good eating habits at a very young age is important to providing kids with the essentials vitamins and minerals they need, but it’s often a battle to get them to eat a healthy diet.
- Uses for Kidslac probiotic DetailsProbiotics are beneficial bacteria that help to maintain the health of the digestive tract. They’re a great option for kids, but must be designed for children …
- How the UMAC process creates a superior marine phytoplankton supplement DetailsAntioxidant and antiviral properties for your overall health and immune system plus other benefits through a suite of nutrients in this blend of phytoplankton.
- Ingredients in PowerHI DetailsNatures medicine, we’ve combined agents available in plants to boost the immune system. Here we list each ingredients benefits…
- What is maltodextrin? DetailsMaltodextrin is a food additive made from plant starch. The resistant form is similar to dietary fiber in promoting good digestive health …
- Start caring about the ocean today DetailsNot only are the Earth’s oceans an important source of food and oxygen, but they are also a source of beneficial compounds that have been used to synthesize medicines …
- Biotin replacement options DetailsAs part of the Vitamin B family Biotin has several benefits. Try our natural alternative, nontoxic and safe.
- Biotin can improve your appearance DetailsWhile genetics does play a part in how you age, there are some natural things that you can do to improve on your appearance as you get older…
- What is thiamin and what does it do for you? DetailsThiamin, or vitamin B-1 helps to provide energy to your brain and nervous system, is important for cardiovascular health, and liver function among other things. …
- Supplements for chronic knee pain DetailsChronic knee pain is probably one of the most common joint issues. Taking natural supplements containing chondroitin and glucosamine is an option for relieving the pain …
- What is aloe vera extract good for? DetailsAloe vera gel has been used for hundreds of years as a homeopathic remedy for any number of issues. Today, you can find aloe vera extract in a variety of products made by the cosmetic, food, and pharmaceutical industries. So, what is it good for?
- What is Rutin good for? DetailsRutin, a bioflavonoid found in fruits and vegetables, is an antioxidant and helps your body to make collagen. In addition, research has also indicated that rutin helps to increase the flexibility of your blood vessels, helping to support blood circulation.
- What are the benefits of phytoplankton? DetailsPhytoplankton is a marine microalgae that are able to carry out photosynthesis, producing about half of the world’s oxygen. They form the base of every food web in the world’s oceans. Phytoplankton have been found to be one of the most potent superfoods on the planet, providing a vast array of 100% bioavailable nutrients.
- Silica vs. biotin — which is better? DetailsIf you’re health conscious, you want to be assured that what you’re putting in and on your body is good for you and won’t compromise your health. Biotin has gotten a lot of attention lately for promoting the growth of strong nails and hair, but it does cause unwanted side effects in some people. The alternative to consider is silica, an essential mineral that’s found in collagen, a naturally occurring protein in your body.
- Is inositol safe for daily use? DetailsInositol is often referred to as vitamin B8, but is actually a specific type of sugar that acts like a vitamin once it enters the body. It performs several important functions such as influencing the action of insulin to control blood glucose levels, acts to balance the levels of neurotransmitters in the brain, and provides structure to your cells. Over the years, researchers have found that inositol provides many benefits to your overall health.
- Is apple pectin good for you? DetailsApples have long been considered to be a “miracle food” because of the numerous health benefits that they provide. In addition to containing important vitamins, phytonutrients, and minerals, they also contain apple pectin, a soluble dietary fiber, that promotes good digestive and heart health, may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes, and naturally fight some cancers.
- What is glucono delta lactone? DetailsGlucono Delta Lactone or GDL is food additive that has received the designation of “generally recognized as safe” from the FDA. GDL performs a variety of functions — as a preservative, seasoning, and protein coagulant, to name a few.
- What’s so good about Amla anyway? DetailsNative to the wet, hilly regions of India, the Amla tree is considered to be sacred and an important part of Ayurveda, one of the oldest medicinal systems in the world. It contains a powerful mix of vitamins and minerals that is useful for treating and preventing many ailments.
- What is maltodextrin used for? DetailsMaltodextrin is a water soluble, FDA-approved food additive that is commonly used as a food thickener, filler, or a preservative to extend the shelf life of foods. However, there’s another form of maltodextrin — maltodextrin fiber — which acts a prebiotic to promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in your colon and to help with digestion.
- Does aloe vera have medicinal benefits? DetailsAloe vera has long been used to topically treat first and second degree burns and to promote the healing process. However, research has demonstrated that aloe vera gel can aid in digestion and support cardiovascular health, as well having many other health applications.
- What is gelatin? DetailsIf you’re a vegan or vegetarian, it’s important to check the labels on the foods and supplements that you’re purchasing. Gelatin is often listed as one of the ingredients, and, in most cases, is an animal by-product. It’s used in many vitamin and mineral supplements that are in capsule form due to its smooth texture.
- What is Vitamin K good for? DetailsYou may be surprised to learn that vitamin K is not a single vitamin, but is a term that refers to a group of compounds — naphthoquinones — that includes vitamins K, K1, K2, and K3. Consuming this important group of compounds has many important health benefits.
- How much silica do you need daily? DetailsSilica is an important trace mineral that provides strength and flexibility to your connective tissues, is essential in the formation collagen, the most abundant protein in your body, and plays a role in strengthening your bones. As you age, the silica levels in your body begin to decrease which could contribute to an increased risk for joint weakness, bone fractures, and other age-related problems.
- Do you need more papain in your diet? DetailsProteolytic enzymes help to break down proteins into amino acids which makes them easier to digest. Papain, a proteolytic enzyme found in papayas, and bromelain, found in pineapples, have been shown to aid in digestion and pain relief.
- Taking phytofoods for better health DetailsStudies have shown that, while many people realize the necessity of changing their diet as part of adopting a healthier lifestyle, the majority of the time they’re unable to make that change. Prepared, processed foods are quick and easy to fix, and they taste good. But, these foods have very little nutritional value, and can’t take the place of eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and nuts.
General supplements and nutraceuticals info
- What are the benefits of Nutraceuticals DetailsDepending on what is in season or having the time to prep home cooked meals or what one can afford one’s diet may vary. Eating a perfect diet daily is not easy for most, why not supplement missing daily nutrients with nutraceuticals.
- 5 big benefits you could see from Apple Pectin supplements DetailsA variety of benefits for your health, in particular intestinal health, with essentially no side effects. Promotes, lowers, helps, stimulates, inhibits see details…
- Supplements for histamine intolerance sufferers DetailsMany foods we eat have the substance histamine; intolerance is the inability to break it down in the digestive process which can cause uncomfortable symptoms…
- Peptizyme supplement benefits and uses DetailsSerrapeptase is effective in treating headaches, common ailments and pain caused by inflammation and swelling. Fibrin dissolving properties can help break down blood clots, mucus…
- Silica supplements questions and answers DetailsRelatively unknown to many, Silica is one of the top 5 abundant elements on Earth. Here is information about the supplement and if you have more questions, we are here to answer them..
- Does Biotin work? Study says no, but there is another option DetailsVitamin B7 also known as Biotin is shown not to improve nail and hair growth.
- Liquid supplements you can take daily DetailsLiquid supplements are a great alternative for anyone that struggles to swallow pills plus other benefits.
- Taking supplements for memory loss as you get older could have great benefits DetailsAs you age, so does your brain. You need to be proactive in preserving important functions such as memory, cognition, and communication…
- How to pack supplements for your trip DetailsIf you travel, you know how hard it can be on your body. One way to combat the side effects is with supplements such as melatonin and probiotics …
- Types of nutraceuticals DetailsNutraceuticals are a combination of “nutrition” and “pharmaceutical” the goal of which is to erase the line between medicine and food in order to combat health problems and promote overall health.
- Some supplements shouldn’t be mixed DetailsIf you’re taking a supplement, you need to know if it can be taken along with your prescription medication. Many supplements have the potential for interacting with medications with unhealthy results.
- Why you shouldn’t quit supplements cold turkey DetailsVitamins are meant to promote overall health, and, for most people, are only a recommendation. But, for some groups, such as vegans, vegetarians, or people who’ve been diagnosed with a vitamin deficiency, they need to be part of the daily regimen. Trying to quit your vitamins or supplements cold-turkey can trigger some negative reactions in your body.
- Should you take supplements for the rest of your life? DetailsMore than half of all Americans are taking one or more supplements on a daily basis or at least occasionally. But, just how safe and effective is it to take supplements on a long term basis or even indefinitely?
- Want stronger fingernails? Take supplements! DetailsYour fingernails are a “window” into your body’s inner health. Brittle, weak nails could be an indication that your body is experiencing nutritional deficiencies due to a poor diet. Eating a healthy, balanced diet is very important to building stronger nails, but this is easier said than done! Adding a high-quality supplement like Silica Plus can really help to strengthen and add flexibility to your nails.
- Which supplements should you take while pregnant? DetailsFinding out that you’re pregnant is exciting, but also a little bit scary when you consider that, for nine months, you’re responsible for the health and well-being of your developing baby. The most important factor to consider is getting proper nutrition during your pregnancy. Eating a balanced, healthy diet is important, but you may also want to consider adding supplements to your daily regimen to make sure that you get enough of all the essential vitamins and minerals your baby needs.
- Natural scar repair supplements DetailsScarring of the skin is the result of the body’s natural healing process. Systemic proteolytic enzymes found in your body work to naturally repair scars by dissolving excess scar tissue or fibrin over time. These enzymes have also been shown to have important anti-inflammatory properties which lead to improved tissue healing.
- Buy Antioxidant Supplements to Fight Cellular Damage DetailsAntioxidants are vital in supporting and maintaining a healthy body. They provide a defense system to fight against the cellular damage caused by a highly reactive metabolite known as a free radical.
- Can supplements slow the aging process? DetailsThe signs of aging are inevitable, and everyone is looking for ways to slow the aging process. Taking the right anti-aging supplements could help restore a more youthful look …
- Remedies for female baldness DetailsWhile about one-third of all women will experience some hair loss during their lifetime, among post-menopausal women, as many as two-thirds will suffer from hair thinning or female pattern baldness. Female pattern baldness is characterized by a thinning of the hair all over the head without a receding hairline.
- Thiamine, Vitamin B1 deficiency signs DetailsThiamine is one of the water-soluble B vitamins, also known as vitamin B1. It enables your body to use carbohydrates for energy, it also metabolizes glucose and has a role in heart, muscle, and nerve function. Here’s a list of foods it can be found in……
- Don’t eat vegetables? Here’s what vitamins you should take DetailsBelieve or not, about 87% of Americans don’t eat enough vegetables. Adding nutritional supplements to your daily routine can help you maintain your overall health …
- What is the best gummy vitamin on the market? DetailsIf you have trouble swallowing pills or capsules, taking gummy vitamins is the perfect solution. Traditionally, gummy vitamins have been for children, but gummies are now available in formulations that work for adults as well. If you’re on a vegetarian or vegan diet, you need to look for a gummy that 100% plant-sourced and contains no gelatin.
- How much should you take when it comes to vitamins? DetailsBy adding a few good quality supplements to your daily routine, you can help make up for the any vitamins that may be lacking in your daily diet. However, how do you decide on which supplements to take and, more importantly, how much of each should your take?
- There are plenty of vitamins without gelatin DetailsGelatin is a common ingredient used to coat vitamin capsules in order to make them easier to swallow. However, for vegans and vegetarians, this presents a problem because gelatin is an animal-based product. The best option for people eating a vegan or vegetarian diet are vitamins that are 100% plant sourced.
- How to tell if you’re allergic to B12 DetailsRecent studies have discovered a trend toward vitamin B12 deficiency in the population as a whole. Vitamin B12 plays a vital role in maintaining the health of the thyroid and neurological system as well as in the production of red blood cells. The use of vitamin B12 supplements as well as biotin (B7) for healthy hair, skin, and nails has increased, but some individuals are discovering that they’re allergic to vitamin B12 and/or biotin.
- What are Vitamin “IU” numbers? Details“IU” stands for “international unit” and is used to measure the fat soluble vitamins — A, D, E. and K. The precise measure of one IU differs from one vitamin to another and is established by international agreement. The IU describes the potency or biological effect of a vitamin rather than the amount based on volume or mass.
- Why Vitamin D deficiency is such an issue DetailsVitamin D has been shown to have numerous benefits when it comes to promoting and maintaining several of your body’s vital functions including calcium absorption, bone and cell growth, inflammation reduction, and maintaining adequate levels of both calcium and phosphate. However, studies conducted at Harvard University School of Public Health have predicted that as many as one billion people are experiencing inadequate levels of vitamin D.
- Basic Vitamins to protect your general health DetailsYour body cannot supply vitamins in quantities that are sufficient to support your general health.
- The side effect of biotin that you need to know about DetailsOver the past decade or so, biotin has become popular as a dietary supplement due to the role it plays in growing and maintaining strong and healthy nails, skin, and hair. It plays a major role in the process by which your body forms collagen. However, there is new evidence that biotin may interfere with diagnostic lab tests.
- So, what is biotin? DetailsIf you have thinning hair, brittle nails, or dry, itchy skin, you’ve probably considered taking or are taking biotin supplements. Biotin, one of the B complex vitamins, has received a lot of attention over the years as a remedy for these issues. While there are benefits to taking biotin supplements, studies have shown that there are some negative side effects that can cause problems for people taking biotin supplements.
- Natural biotin alternatives DetailsBiotin, or vitamin B7, has become one of the most sought after supplements for promoting hair growth and for strengthening nails. But, some individuals experience unwanted side effects from using biotin, so need to find a natural alternative. That natural alternative is silica.